In the Teatro de las Américas of the CCPA, on June 6th, the APPG was honored to host a conference entitled, "Programa Nacional de Becas: Don Carlos Antonio López, 1.500 Becas de Postgrado Disponibles en el Exterior." The following two slideshows were presented:
The APPG and STP hosted a world-class panel of Public Private Parnetship experts on May 25th. The following documents offer a thorough summary of what was discussed:
The Paraguayan Association of Professionals Graduated in the U.S.A. (APPG) serves to:
- To promote the relationship of the members with their respective Universities in the United States.
- To assist students interested in continuing their studies in the United States.
- To promote the exchange of educational and professional visits between both countries.
- To promote the relationship between the members through actions on the behalf of the community.
- To provide a forum to share knowledge, ideas, experiences and strategies in different areas of human activity.
Recent Activities Include:
- Conference "Ideologías versus Experiencias Prácticas en Proyectos de Participación Público-Privada (APP)”
- "4th. Students Visit Program - Year 2014"
- Lecture by Dr. Donald Armstrong, Director of the Department of Medical Technology of the University of Buffalo.
- Music concerts by the associate Lobito Martinez (RIP).
- Breakfast Meeting with Dr. Lawrance Harrison (Harvard University), on "The Thinking of the Under-Development."
- Lecture by Dr. Raymond Ciacci of the University of Chicago. Title: “Why some sons fail to live up to their fathers' expectations.”
- Conference by Dr. Juan Carlos Herken, PhD, London School of Economics, on "Economic Integration and their effects on the market."
- Organization of the first Paraguayan Delegation for the Educational and Commercial Exchange Visit to Oklahoma. Attended by: The Chairman of the Chamber of Commerce, Director of Pro-Paraguay, Representative of the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock, CCPA and Student Adviser CCPA/USIS.
- Joint-sponsorship with SEURT of the panel on "Urban Cultural Patrimony."
- Jointly with the American University, the CCPA, Lecture by Dr. K. Fatemi, Dean of the University of Texas A&M International, on "MERCOSUR and NAFTA."
- Work Meetings with Representative Tommy Thomas, Majority Leader of the House of Representatives of Oklahoma.
- Lecture by Dr. Sherman Louis Cohn, Georgetown University, on "Professional Ethics in Law."
- Discussion Panel on topics of medical interest by Dr. Miguel Gonzalez Oddone and Dr. Efrain Olszewer.
- Conference by Dr. Francisco Rivera Batiz, PhD, Columbia University.
- Conference on "The International Trade and Regional Agreements", by Ellen Frost, Senior Fellow of the Institute of International Economics.
- Jointly with Peace Corps, and supported by USAID, two complete days of workshops and exhibitions were developed on Leadership and Social Responsibility: “The Roll that the Public and Private Sector play in Development”; “Paraguay in the New World Order”, with guests such as our members Benjamin Fernandez Bogado, Ricardo Caballero Aquino, Robert White, Marcial Riquelme, and as a special guest Mark Jacobs.
- Three Discussion Panels "Where is the Arc: A vision for Development" with the Ministers from the MIC, MOPC, BCP and other outstanding local economists.
- Cycle of three conferences: " Poverty, How to Cope with it", with the presence of the Director of CEPAL in the initial session and organized with other prestigious NGOs and other Government Institutions.
- Conference for the promotion of Development: "A proposal of Agrarian Statute".
- Lecture on climate change by Dr. Antonieta Arias.